Wed Nov 6 Trades & Journal

20131106
Short 3 TF 1107.6, 1107.8, 1108.3, +1.3, +0.5, +0.5
Long 1 TF 1101.2, -0.5
Long 1 TF 1099.5, +1.3
Long 2 NQ 3377.0, 3370.0, -0.0, -2.25
Long 1 TF 1095.0, +1.3
Total NQ -2.25
Total TF +4.4

Sometimes your Trade Plan will fail you. Although the TF sell signals came in near the highs, and I was able to enter cleanly, further breakdown levels were filtered out by the plan when the momentum indicator warned of over extension.... and yet, it broke right an inflection point for the cleanest breakdown of the morning, without me. I'll keep an eye on this in order to gauge what other considerations might be made for the momentum indicator, but generally as a tool, it has kept me out of far more trouble and into far more clearer turns than kept me out of deeper excursions. Also, the strong bull divergence today by the ES and YM, which I did recognize as a distraction to the TF bear leadership, nonetheless, hurried my exit on the first TF position on caution that the big caps might yet keep the TF at least retesting the HOD (High-of-Day). There's never any use in castigating oneself over 'should have known better's or 'if only I hadn't's. Your plan is always imperfect. And your plan can always be improved. Trust in your plan if it works far more often than it fails. But be mindful of insights that might improve it, if you've seen those technical aspects along the way... a few thousand times....