Thurs Oct 16 Trades & Journal

20141016
Short 1 TF 1067.1, +4.0
Long 1 TF 1066.4, -0.2
Long 1 TF 1066.3, +4.0
Total TF +7.8

Today, I did something unusual. I let my students call the trades. My own Ninja charts were locked up, but my brokerage platform was not. The models today were so clear, much like yesterday. And today, the pre-positioning of the Philly Fed trade was as typical a example of a pre-news model as ever. I simply traded on the faith that my students understood the models as well as I, no thinking involved. ....and I must say, seeing their clarity of understanding made it one of the most rewarding trading days I have ever had. Trade with a plan. Each day the market is different, much like the way no two fingerprints can ever be alike. And yet conceptual models of market behavior repeat themselves day after day. Have a Trade Plan that incorporates those models. Trade your Plan, not your opinions.