Fri Feb 1 Trades & Journal

20190201
SIM trades all:
Short 1 RTY 1502.1, +3.0
Long 1 NQ 6878.75, -2.25
Short 1 NQ 6935.0, -1.0
Short 1 YM 25111, +10
Short 1 NQ 6935.0, +5.0
Long 1 YM 25099, -7
Long 2 YM 25096, 25096, -10, -10
Long 2 YM 25061, 25061, -7, -7
Long 3 YM 25019, 25019, 25019, +30, +30, +30
Total YM +63
Total NQ +1.75
Total RTY +3.0
SIM trades only

Yesterday was the 2nd day in a row of net losing trades. That triggers a behavior governor from my trade plan that kicks me into Simulator mode. Today, I needed 2 out of the first 3, or 3 out of the first 5 trades as winners in order to dump the Simulator and go back to cash. Technically I made that trigger with 3 of 5 winners, but have to admit the winners felt a bit too meager. And so I stayed in Sim mode even through the YM's huge buy signal at the ORB plunge.

In any case, with a net winning day, I can now go back to cash on Monday. Had I not made a net profit today, Monday would have again started out as a Sim day. This is how you keep from letting your losing days become a streak and eating up your account. Have a plan, and stick to that plan.

Observations about my losing days on Wednesday and Thursday: It is always evident when you don't take the better trades that would have produced good profits, and instead substitute for them, trades you felt less emotionally threatened by--which so often produce losses. Those trades which were so better suited for profits I missed on Wednesday were breakout inflections with Serial Sequent and pattern pre-break triggers, in 2nd trends. I've always had these in my trade plan, but usually reach my goal far more easily with fades than breakouts. ....but somedays, fades are sloppy and produce rough turns and blur all the indicating signals that trigger them. You must have a balance of both breakout and fade trades in order to capitalize on what the market presents you each day. True, breakouts can require more scrutiny and a more exacting set of filters. But when/if they present themselves, it does no good to just sit there dumbly with doe-eyes in the headlights... Jump on the train, or get away from the tracks... Let's see what February and next week have to offer...